Thursday, June 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop!



Hello there!  It's the 25th, and that means it's time for another Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!  I just couldn't resist playing along this month when I saw the gorgeous inspiration photo!  I was completely inspired, and it really encouraged me to step outside my comfort zone.  You all know how much I love my bright colors, but it was fun to tone it down for this challenge.

As soon as I saw the stripes and flowers, I pulled out two of my favorites, Watercolor Wonder and Doodlie Do. Are you surprised? ;)

I wanted the flowers to take center stage, and though the stripes are darker in the photo, I wanted them to fade into the background a bit.  I used Soft stone ink for my stripes.  Since I started out with white cardstock, and the picture shows for ivory, I used Antique Linen distress ink and an ink blending tool to soften the bright white.  The flower and leaves were colored with copic markers.  To add a bit of interested behind the flower, I stamped a flight trail from Happy Trails in Fine Linen ink.  I added a sentiment from the Purls of Wisdom stamp set in brown ink, and some stitches using Sew Simple Borders.  I added a scattering of sequins before adhering my panel to a Terracotta Tile card base.

June PTI Blog Hop

That's all for now... thanks for stopping by!

Off to hop!! :)

Supplies:

Stamps: Doodlie Do, Watercolor Wonder, Happy Trails, Purls of Wisdom, Sew Simple Borders
Dies: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Stackables
Paper: Stampers Select White, Terracotta Tile
Ink: Soft Stone, Fine Linen, Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Ranger Antique Linen
Other: Copic Markers, Foam Tape, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen, Avery Elle Kraft Mix sequins

17 comments:

Gina said...

So, so pretty!!! And I love that you have stripes & flowers, but not "in the box" (like mine...haha!). beautiful card, Audrey!!

Kara said...

very pretty! love these muted colors!

Jennifer K said...

You do such great things with Doodlie Do! Love the striped background!

Martha said...

Audrey, I love how you were inspired.
Your card is simply beautiful.

Jill Norwood said...

Audrey your card is gorgeous! I love that Doodlie Do flower so much! And I love how you softened the white background too! Beautiful!

Nancy Penir said...

Lovely coloring Audrey! Beautiful!

Keri said...

Beautiful, Audrey! :)

Julia Aston said...

what a pretty design - your flower is beautiful!

Darnell said...

I really love the design you came up with, Audrey!! Fading the stripes in the background was inspired!! Hugs, Darnell

Yuki said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! Perfect execution!

Karen C. said...

Love all of the details, Audrey. The orange flower and gray strps are a perfect combination.

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous card, Audrey! Beautiful coloring on the Doodlie Do images.

Kelly S. said...

love those stripes you made..your doodlie flowers are perfectly colored!!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Audrey! I love it!

Birgit said...

This is so fabulous! I love every little detail about your card!

Jen Carter said...

Oh Audrey, as usual your coloring is fantastic! Such a beautiful card!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this, great take on the inspiration photo!!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS