Monday, June 1, 2015

Moments Inked: Travel Planning and Organization


June 1 _Newsletter_WM

Hello there!  Happy Monday!  Today's it's my turn to share with you how I have been using my Papertrey Ink Moments Inked Planner System!  Today, it's all about travel and trip planning!  Grab a cuppa something, and join me for a walk through my week. :)


I will start by sharing my full page spread, and then go into more detail about each of the individual elements.  When I decorate my pages, I look to each month's color combination for inspiration.  For the month of June, the color scheme is a beautiful one - Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest and Aqua Mist!  I lay out all of my supplies in those colors - ink, pens, patterned papers, felt, etc.  It is much easier to keep the decorating flow going when it's all at your finger tips,

So here is my full page spread:

PTI Moments Inked Planner

On the left side of my page, I started off by stamping my weekly to-do list on the left side using the tiny star icons from the Moments Inked: Posted stamp set in Summer Sunrise ink.  I highlighted the column with a few images from the Moments Ink: Planner Banners stamp set.  The "chores" that I list here do not have a specific due date, just as long as they get done some time during that week.  I highlighted my Mom's birthday using the Tag It's #1 stamp set and the Moments Inked: Planner Banners stamp set and dies.  Using the Moments Inked: Divided stamp set, I noted church on Sunday, and my cleaning day on Monday.  Near the bottom of my page, I used the Moments Inked: Posted stamp set again to make note of pressing things that will need to occur before travel day. I added some fun patterns to my page using some Orange Zest patterned paper and some fun striped washi.

PTI Moments Inked Planner

On the right side of my page, you will see that it's time to travel and get this vacation started!  I used the little plane image from the Blue Skies stamp set to mark our first day of vacation.  To block off the rest of the week, I used the cute patterned squares from the Background Basics: Diagonals.  I used the Moments Inked: Planner Banners stamp set to note a few other things like a coffee date and dinner reservations.  The little raindrops in the Blue Skies stamp set were perfect to illustrate our day at the waterpark.  Using the Bow Clips die, I make a few coordinating bow clip to mark off this page.

PTI Moments Inked Planner

Travel always requires a packing list... and for me, packing and unpacking is such a drag.  But with a cute packing list, it can make the task a tiny bit easier.  I used the Moments Inked: Tabbed List die to cut from white card stock to create my list.  Then, using the Moments Ink: Listed stamp set, I stamped the lines with Soft Stone ink, and added a few cute images from the blue Skies set.

PTI Moments Inked Planner

Then I created a place to make note of travel arrangements. I placed it in the weekly spread, but later, I can move it to the daily pages and use it as a fun keepsake.  I first cut the Blue Skies Coverplate from white cardstock.  Then, using the Moments Inked: Edged die, I added a notebook edge to the side so that I could easily add it to my planner.  I stamped the lines from the Moments Inked: Posted stamp set in Soft Stone ink to coordinate with the packing list, and then stamped the plane image from Blue Skies in Spring Rain Ink.

PTI Moments Inked Planner

To put behind that, I created a planner pocket using the Moments Inked: Divided die set and the Moments Inked: Pocket Page die.  The back of the pocket is cut from  Orange Zest card stock and the pocket piece is cut from the same Orange Zest gingham paper that I used to decorate my weekly spread.  To find it easily, I added a tab that I cut from Summer Sunrise card stock using the Moments Ink: Divided stamps and die set.  In this pocket, I can put anything from travel itineraries, receipts, mementos, etc.


PTI Moments Inked Planner

Here you can see how all of the pieces layer so nicely and everything can be neat and organized (and cute), which will hopefully lead to a less stressful trip!

PTI Moments Inked Planner

I had so much fun putting these pages together and adding these new elements to my planner.  I hope you enjoyed today's post!

We'd love to see how you use your Moments Inked Planner!  Tag us on Instagram with the hashtag #momentsinked so we can see what you've been up to!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!!




4 comments:

Nancy K said...

Awesome planner ideas, Audrey! I'm completely enabled and added more PTI goodies to my cart!

Gina said...

I love using TagIts to mark birthdays!!! So fun! I always love seeing how you use other PTI products in your planner.

Peg said...

Love this! So fun to see what you girls are doing with the dies and stamps. I want mine now, but have to wait for 2016, but I have been buying the sets ahead. This is the most gorgeous planner of all! Can't wait!!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Great ideas and tips, Audrey! I'll be sure to check back when I plan our upcoming vacation. And I LOVE your use of the mini background stamps on the weekly pages. I'm so going to do this soon! :)

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS