Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Happy Howlidays {Sunny Studio Stamps}



Hello there! Today, I'm here with a card featuring the Santa's Helper's stamp set by Sunny Studio Stamps.  It was difficult trying to decide which images to use for my project today, but then as I was coloring them, I had a lightbulb moment.  At first, when looking at this image, I didn't see a cocker spaniel but, then I decided to color the patch of hair under their chin like a bandana, and suddenly, I thought they started looking like my babies!  I'm so excited to finally have a stamp that looks like them!

I started off by watercoloring a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper with my Artist's Loft watercolor set from Michaels.  When it was dry, I ran it through my diecut machine to give it a stitched edge suing the Wonky Stitches dies by Avery Elle. I wanted to bring in a bit of red to coordinate with the Santa's hats, so I pulled out a piece of red and white striped patterned paper from my stash.  I popped the dogs up using foam tape after diecutting them with their coordinating dies.  I stamped a sentiment from the set on a speech bubble diecut  by Pretty Pink Posh, and then added some diecut snowflakes which are also included in the Santa's Helpers die set.  To add a bit of sparkle around the snowflakes, I added some sparkling clear sequins, and then mounted the panel on a dark green card base using foam tape.  Finally, I added a bow with my favorite red and white bakers twine by Lawn Fawn.


Santa's Helpers

That's all for me today!  I hope you like my card!  
Thanks for stopping by!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Sunny Studio Santa's Helpers
Dies: Sunny Studio Santa's Helpers, PPP Stitched Speech Bubbles, Avery Elle Wonky Stitches
Paper: Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Paper, PTI White, PTI Pine Feather, Lawn Fawn Patterned Paper
Other: Copic Markers, White Gel Pen, Artist's Loft Watercolors, PPP Sparkling Clear 4mm and 6mm sequins, foam tape, Lawn Fawn Peppermint Lawn Trimmings

1 comment:

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Thanks for always sharing such cute ideas! Love how you personalized these and turned the furry chests into bandannas! Such a fun idea! :)

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS