Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Happy Harvest - Sunny Studio Stamps

Hello there!  Today I have a fun pie themed card using the Harvest Happiness stamp set!  Just because this stamp set is full of fall and Thanksgiving images, you can do so much more with it!  I love this image and sentiment.



I started by watercoloring a very subtle background using Cracked Pistachio distress ink.  Then I diecut a stitched frame around the edge of the watercolor piece when it was dry.  I love using tag dies for the base of my focal point on cards.  I diecut this tag three different times from cardstock, and patterned papers.  I adhered the striped paper to the bottom of the white tag, and then popped that tag up on the polkadot tag behind it with foam tape.  I tilted the top tag slightly to show a little snippet of the polkadot patterned paper.  I stamped, colored and die cut the pie slice image from the Harvest Happiness stamp set, using the coordinating dies, and then stamped a sentiment from the same set on a banner diecut to put below it. I stamped a few hearts from the Happy Home stamp set on the tag, and added a bigger diecut heart to the banner to create a visual triangle.  After I adhered to the watercolor piece, I threaded an aqua button with some bakers twine to cover up the tag hole, and then adhered the whole panel to an aqua care base with foam tape.

I love you more than pie


That's all for me today!  Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Sunny Studio  Harvest Happiness
Dies: Sunny Studio Harvest Happiness, Avery Elle Wonky Stitches, Reverse Confetti Tag Me, SSS Tiny Hearts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Pure Poppy, Ranger Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink
Paper: Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Paper, PTI White, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist Pattern Pack, Distressed Dots
Other: Copic Markers, Foam Tape, PTI Pure Poppy Twine

1 comment:

Yuki said...

Such a sweet card!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS