Thursday, April 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink April Blog Hop!

 
Hey there!  Today is PTI blog hop day and the challenge this month was to create a project that "tilted".  I had to ink up my new sets, Star Gazer and Star Gazer Additions.  I also got a little help from the Mama Elephant Cosmic Stars stamp set.  These sets compliment eachother perfectly ;)
 
I made a card and matching tag for my Mom's birthday in June :)
 
First, I sponged a piece of white cardstock with different colors of distress ink, then adhered that on a slight tilt to the card front.  The focal point is made using the medium and large Seeing Stars dies.  Using the cloud dies, I cut clouds from the BEAUTIFUL white shimmer cardstock.  LOVE!
 
(Click to enlarge)
 
For the matching tag, I used Mat Stack 3.
 



(Click to enlarge)
 
I can wait to play more with these sets!
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Off to hop! :)
 
Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Star Gazer, Star Gazer Additions, Mama Elephant Cosmic Stars
Paper: PTI White, Royal Velvet, White Shimmer
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Plum Pudding, Tea Dye Duo, Ranger Distress Inks in Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Dusty Concord, Shaded Lilac
Dies: Seeing Stars, Mat Stack 3, Clouds
Other:Copic Markers, Popdots, Plum Pudding Satin Ribbon, Clear and Simple Stamps Sterling Silver Cord


24 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Eeek, these are so sweet! I love how you paired the ME set with the new PTI sets-- and that shimmer cardstock to make the clouds is perfect! Wonderful card and tag, Audrey!

Elena said...

swoon! so cute, Audrey!

Lee said...

This is so cute and beautiful too. I am a Gemini so I totally love your card and tag set LOL!

Joyce said...

Such a fabulous card and matching tag. Very cute, and I'm sure your mom will love them.

Joni Andaya said...

This is really cute Audrey :o)

Nancy Penir said...

Cute, cute, cute! Your mom will love them.

samantha's cards said...

love the inked background... looks great!

Tracey McNeely said...

Audrey, the image inside the star is brilliant! Oh I love your card and tag for your mom.

StephH said...

Audrey, this is the CUTEST card and tag! Love you use of the new sets. Your sponged background is just stunning!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun set of card and tag! love the clouds!

Debra Miller said...

Lovely card and matching tag - so fun.

bjmartin said...

Awesome! I love the angled background panel and the way you placed the sentiments.

Jennifer K said...

So adorable! I really like your blue and purple background - just gorgeous and oh so perfect for this card.

snappy scrappy said...

Both are so cute!!

Luanne said...

Awesome Audrey! I love those colors, and the tag with Mat Stack 3 works perfectly!

Kara said...

love the sponged background and those cute charcters in the star!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the colors of that inked background - perfectly placed open star - just an all round fabulous card!

Kristii said...

Oh my goodness girlfriend!! I am totally loving your card!!! You worked the tilt perfectly and I totally love the sponged background and the shimmer clouds are genious!! You rocked the challenge my friend!!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Awesome card & tag. Your background is out of this world. Love the background of the star. i imagine those clouds are beautiful with the shimmer paper.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a darling card Audrey. Love the sweet image and the tilted panel. The clouds look great! Also like the matching tag! Great design.

cards by cara said...

Love the matching set! So very cute!!

- elbeth - said...

Audrey, this is fantastic! My jaw dropped - I had no idea that those sets can look that great together! Perfect work! Love your colour choices! Adding the clouds was pure genious!

Taheerah said...

Simply genius!! I love how the ME and PTI sets work in perfect harmony, and your ink blending and use of the star dies is just perfect!!

Petti said...

This is tooo cute! Love it!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS