Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink January Blog Hop!





Time again for another PTI Blog Hop! Here is the challenge this month:

This month, in honor of the new year, we are challenging you to pick your
favorite project from 2011 and share it with al of us! To take it a step
further, you are also challenged to create a second card that is inspired by
the favorite project you select. Your new version of an old favorite could
carry over the color scheme, the layout or the stamp sets. We look forward
to seeing your best creations from 2011 as well as one of your first projects
for 2012!


A few weeks back, I did a 2011 Favorites Post here in my blog. For the blog hop, I choose to revisit a card that I had made for the PTI July 2011 Blog Hop. You can see my post here.

Here is the card I made then:



And here is a new card, inspired by the original. I used the Mehndi Medallion $5 set, Tiny Tags #1 and the Tiny Tags die, and the sentiment is from Tremendous Treats: Valentine. I just LOVE coloring these medallions.



Thanks for popping in for a visit! Oh, and if my friend Elizabeth stops by, HI ELIZABETH! XOXO :)

Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Mehndi Medallion, Tiny Tags, Tremendous Treats: Valentine
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Raspberry Fizz
Paper: Stampers Select White, Sweet Blush
Dies: Tiny Tags
Other: Hibiscus Burst Satin Ribbon, Copic Markers, Ink Blending tool, Popdots

22 comments:

Elena said...

Love it! Perfect valentine!

carol (krillsister) said...

You do an awesome job with that mehndi Medallion stamp. great colors.

Tracey McNeely said...

Both beautiful. Love that Medallion for Valentines.

Luanne said...

Your coloring of these are fabulous! After seeing the first one, I tried to do it and just wasn't successful! Both are wonderful (love the pink and purple for Valentine's Day!)

maryrose said...

Such pretty coloring! The medallions look like little stained glass windows! Lovely!

The Paper Parade said...

Audrey, great choice in your favorite card to case! I love that you turned it into a Valentines day card this time...you're so clever ;)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I HAVE to get the Copics out.. I just got this set with my last order, and I am LOVING it. Seeing it coloured made me want the set initially, and I still haven't done it!

Beautiful cards, Audrey!

Debbie Gaydos said...

These are both SO beautiful, Audrey! I love what you do with that medallion. I only have the small one and haven't had much inspiration with it, but this makes me want to give it another try! :)

Unknown said...

Just beautiful! I love that Mehndi stamp set and your coloring is awesome. Love this song by Michael W. Smith too-just heard it today on the web radio.

Karen C. said...

I remember when you posted the first card, Audrey and thought how patient you were to colour all of those little spaces. Your pink version is even more spectacular ... great choice for Valentine's Day!!

Kara said...

pretty audrey!!!

Dana said...

the medallions are beautiful :)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I have this set and haven't really played around with this, but I am on it now! Great cards.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kelly S. said...

Beautiful coloring, Audrey! Your medallions are so spectacular in BOTH color schemes! How did you have the patience to color them so perfectly?!!

Laura said...

Both of your cards are beautiful. I love how you've turned it into a Valentine for your 2012 version.

Laura said...

Both of your cards are beautiful. I love how you've turned it into a Valentine for your 2012 version.

Leigh Penner said...

These are both gorgeous, Audrey!

Joyce said...

Both cards are beautiful. Great coloring.

Kristii said...

Audrey, your cards are absolutely gorgeous!! Your coloring is so beautiful and makes each one a owrk of art!!

Susan said...

Those are both so beautiful!! I am pinning the second one for sure!

Suzanne Russell said...

Love them both! You did an excellent job coloring Mehndi and who couldn't love the sweet Tiny Tags? TFS!

Gina said...

Elizabeth's mom has been remiss in her blog hopping duties. However, I know she will love this card - especially with all the pink. I'll show her tomorrow -- and I'm sure we'll be stamping and coloring tomorrow night. That reminds me that I need to add your blog to her "white list" on her MacBook so she can visit you anytime!!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS