Monday, January 9, 2012

Flower Pot Pen Holder



Today I am sharing with you another project for the Sweet Stamp Shop Design Team call.



I am so excited about how this project turned out. I must reinforce once again, my love for the Target Dollar Spot. While shopping the other day, I came across some adorable mushroom pens for $1 each. Normally I would never be drawn to mushroom anything, but immediately, I thought about my Gnomies stamp set and knew what I wanted to make - a pen holder.



I used a small terracotta pot and added a handful of cotton balls to the inside. Styrofoam would probably work, but I was worried about damaging the pens. They are styrofoam themselves. The cotton balls hold them upright with no problem. I stamped each of the Gnomies and colored them, then cut them out and adhered them to a toothpick. I added a layer of moss to the top, and stuck everything in. Finally I added a raffia bow and a tiny mushroom tag using PTI's Tiny Tags die.

Here are some more pictures:





Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop Gnomies
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Tea Dye Duo
Paper: PTI Stamper Select White
Dies: PTI Tiny Tags
Other: Copic Markers, Toothpicks, Terracotta pot, artifical moss, Mushroom Pens (Target), Raffia, PTI Pure Poppy Twine

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely idea!! They are gorgeous. I am a new follower :)

Annette Allen said...

wow this is so cute...

The Paper Parade said...

Audrey, you're definitely going to win a spot on the DT with this creation! How awesome! And who would have thought...mushroom pens?! You're right that the gnomies go perfect with them :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GET OUT! This is SOOOOO cute! LOOOOOOOVE those pens and I LOVE the little gnomies hiding behind them! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS