Sunday, December 26, 2010

PTI December Blog Hop



So hard to believe that Christmas is over, and 2010 is coming to a close! Today marks the final PTI blog hop for this year as well! This month, our challenge was:

Holiday Leftovers

It's that time again for our annual holiday leftovers challenge! Use scraps of wrapping paper, parts of
holiday cards, recycle gift tags or bits of ribbon on a paper crafting project. We all have plenty of it
laying around after all the holiday excitement and this is your chance to incorporate some of those pretty
little things into an amazing piece of art!

I used a cute little penguin Christmas card to make a gift tag! He was too cute to throw in the trash! I also used my new PTI Seeing Stars dies to make a 3D star. I am addicted. They are so cute, and SO easy.

Edit: Since so many asked how to make the star 3D, I will share with you how I did it. It is really simple. You just take your star cut out (any size will work), and simply score the star by making a vertical score line from each point of the star straigh down until you can't go any further. Make sure that each score line intersects the others in the center of the star. Then crease the score lines and that will give you the 3D effect. I hope I explained it clearly. It sounds more complicated than it is. Let me know if you have any other questions :)



Supplies (all PTI unless noted:)
Stamps: Tiny Treats Christmas
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Pure Poppy
Paper: Kraft, Pure Poppy, Stampers Select White, Distressed Dots, misc. blue dot
Other: Tag Sale #1 die, Seeing Stars small star die, Pure Poppy Bakers Twine, Christmas card front

27 comments:

Anne Tussing said...

Love your tag! The star is great and I like how you inked the edges of your papers with red ink!

sarahw said...

Super cute tag!

Sue Lelli said...

This is REALLY cute! That penguin is ADORABLE! Would LOVE to know how to make that FAB three D star!

Karen C. said...

The star adds such a sweet accent to the tag.

Kara said...

cute tag!!

9kids said...

The inked edges really make it pop!

Inkyfingers said...

I love your cute tag and the 3d star is a really good tip. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs and Happy Christmas
Carol x

Linda said...

Really adorable. Great use of the image from the card. Love the star!

Babies-Beth said...

Wow, that's a cute tag! I love those stars, too, and one looks just perfect here!!!

Stephanie said...

Just love your recycled tag, Audrey. The penguin is just adorable.......No wonder you decided to use him!

Rosanne said...

What a cute tag!

Suzanne said...

The penguin is almost as cute as the TT penguin. I love the 3D star.

Kathleen said...

great tag! Thanks for sharing today!

Suzanne said...

Very cute!!!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh that star IS amazing! Love the way you used that sweet little penguin!

Ciacchina said...

che carino quel pinguino! brava!

Daniela F. said...

Way cute!! Love the little penguin as well as your 3D star :)

Krista said...

cute little penguin tag! and like the dimension on the star. def adds a little pop without being to much

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Cute background for your penguin.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Lee Anne said...

Wow! Holy cow, that is cute! Love the star and have never thought of that! Thanks for the idea!

Marge said...

What a darling tag & great star -- TFS!!!

Janelle said...

What a great tag -- and I love that star, too. I'll have to figure that out... or you could just go ahead and tell me how! (hint, hint) :)

Jen Carter said...

This is adorable and I love your star!

Audrey said...

Thank you all :) I edited my post to include 3D star instructions. So easy to do, but hard to put into words. Hope that helps... let me know if you have any questions. :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable tag!

kari bell said...

so cute!! and thanks for explaining the 3D star, it adds so much. i can't wait to try it!

Cindy said...

I also love the penguin tag. What is inside? I am a fun of recycling products and this is a great way to recycle items and been able to create a new product put from recycled items. Great job! But there are products that can be purchased by way of Com Coupons, in this way you can save and many items that you can also purchase. It is better to save money and getting good products at reasonable prices.

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS