Friday, December 31, 2010

Some handmade Christmas gifts

Ok, so now that Christmas is over, I can finally share some of my Christmas crafting projects that I gave as gifts this year. They were for my mom and sisters, and I am not sure how often they check my blog, so I didn't want to chance it and ruin the surprise :)

First is one of my very favorite projects this year is a ribbon wreath that I made for my mom. I first saw the idea in the Papercrafts magazine holiday edition, made by Alli Miles. When Alli featured hers on her blog, I knew I had to make one. You can see Alli's here:

http://allistamps.blogspot.com/2010/09/crafty-goodness-la-holiday-cards-and.html

And here is mine, done in colors to match Mom's dining room :)



Up next is a project that I had been wanting to make, also for my Mom, since Nichole Heady featured it on her blog, back in June of 2010. She made silhouettes of their children for her husband for Father's Day and I love how they turned out. You can see Nichole's post here:

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2010/05/senior-design-team-challenge-dearest-dad.html

Here are the silhouettes that I did of my boys, using the same technique. I chose to put them in the same frame since my mom doesn't have a lot of wall space, and chose a black frame since my mom has silhouettes of my sisters and I from ages ago, and those are in black frames, so I wanted them to match.



And finally is a 2011 planner that I altered for my sister. I bought a plain black planner that came with the three colored inserts inside. Then I bought a 2011 calendar, recovered it, and added it to the planner. Dressed her up a bit, and here is the end result (she cried when she opened it):











6 comments:

Maggie said...

Holy cow! You were busy! That wreath is great looking, and I just love the planner!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Gorgeous projects! I really love the planner, but they are all amazing!

Janelle said...

Nice, nice gifts! I'm sure they were thrilled. (Tears is a sure sign they were!)

Kristii said...

Absolutely awesome gifts!!! I just love the wreath and your planner is fantastic!!!!

Ted said...

Great planner, Audrey! Bright colors (they even go with your blog!) :)

Cindy O said...

I just saw these projects (from your PTI forum post). Beautiful wreath, and I really love the planner. I would have cried to receive any of them! Thanks for sharing.

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS