Sunday, December 19, 2010

Baby Rag Blanket

So we just found out earlier this week that my sister, who is due in May, is having a little boy! For Christmas, little baby Malakai will have his own stack of presents, and one of them will be this handmade rag blanket from his Auntie. Now, I must say that this blanket is FAR from perfect. In fact, it was my very first sewing project. I had taken my machine out a few other times to practice threading the needle, but never actually make anything. I figured that since this was pretty much sewing straight lines, it was a good project to start with. It is a small lap blanket, about 20"x20". I used the Stampin' Up Scallop Square die to cut the squares, sewed them together in a patchwork design, snipped the edges, and washed it twice to start the ragging process. My sister's nickname is Bubbles, so as soon as I saw the fabric, I knew it was the perfect choice for Baby Bubbles, now known as Malakai :)

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Audrey this is so cute!! I love the green and the bubbles! Your sister will love it!

Angy said...

So sweet! Love it, what a great gift!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS