Monday, December 13, 2010

Homemade Gift Card Holders

If you have purchased gift cards as gifts for the holidays this year, you may have noticed that the little gift cards holders that are often sold near the gift card displays can be expensive... sometimes $2-$3 each! After seeing some of the holders made by a few of the girls on the PTI forums (thank you Sue Ann & Stephanie!), I had to try some for myself! You can see their gift card holders here:

http://hallingerwire.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-card-and-gift-card-holder.html

and here:

http://stephaniemino.blogspot.com/2010/12/gift-card-holders-yippee.html

Here are the two that I have made for my best friend and her fiance. They are avid Starbucks drinkers, so they will be getting Starbucks gift cards for Christmas! This project was the perfect opportunity to use my new Warm Happiness and Warm Happiness Too stamp sets from Papertrey Ink. (I still have to pick up the giftcards, so I stuck another one in there so you can get the idea):












Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Warm Happiness, Warm Happiness Too, Fillable Frames #10, Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers
Dies: Mat Stack 4, Warm Happiness, Fillable Frames #10, Jar Label
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy, Fresh Snow
Paper: Pure Poppy CS, Pine Feather CS, Aqua Mist CS, Kraft CS, Distressed Dots PP, Christmas Prints PP
Other: Pure Poppy Bakers Twine, Pop Dots, Paper Doily (Hobby Lobby)

9 comments:

Jen Carter said...

These are so cute! I think my favorite is the one with the doily, that is my favorite color combo!

Aimee said...

Audrey - this is gorgeous! But how did you get the gift card in? I just tried to make one using mat stack 4 and the card won't go in. Anything I'm missing?

BethieJ said...

Audrey these are FANTASTIC!!! I LOVE them!! THANKS for playing along on the 12 days of Xmas!
Happy Holidays!

DF said...

These are great! I especially like the pinefeather one - great job on grouping the images on the mat stack!

Audrey said...

Aimee, it was quite difficult. I glued them before I put the card in, and it was too tight. I had to un-glue them to wiggle it in. I put it in on an angle and really took my time, but I managed to do it without tearing anything. Hope that helps! :)

Stephanie said...

Audrey......These turned out really cute! Thanks for the link to my blog....I feel honored that you liked my GC holders! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!! such a beautiful handmade Gift card holder its looking so beautiful...
Plastic card printing
plastic Cards

Muhammad Atif said...

I had to try some for myself! , looking nice work.
Plastic card
Plastic card
Hank Hendricks

Safdar Ali said...

This is great. I will like to make Plastic Card Holders like this. I really appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing.

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS