Friday, February 16, 2018

Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week: Pivot Pop-Up




Hello there!  Welcome to day 2 of Lawn Fawn Release Week!  All of the new products that I will be showcasing throughout the week will be available for purchase on February 22nd!

Today, the team is sharing projects made with the newest Lawn Fawn interactive dies, the Pivot Pop-Up!  Upon hearing the name of this die, the PIVOT! "Friends" episode immediately came to mind!  LOL!

This card was a labor of love.  It was one of those cards that I started without a real direction, and I just let it evolve and enjoyed the process.  It ending up being a card for my husband for Valentine's Day, and he loved it!  Here is the outside of my card...  I used the Outside In Stitched Rectangles dies to cut stitched rectangle from white cardstock.  For the focal point, I created an ink blended background with Distress Oxide inks, and diecut it with the smallest of the new Stitched Stars Stackables.  Then I used the new Stitched Star Frames to add a frame around the patterned star.  I stamped and colored one of the adorable aliens from the new Beam Me Up stamp set, and added a planet from the Out of This World stamp set.  A sentiment from Beam Me Up was stamped under the star, which I popped up with foam tape, and to finish off the front, I added a scattering of stars from the Lucky Stars stamp set, stamped in Sunflower ink.

Pivot Popup Outside

Upon opening the card, you will find an entire galaxy!  I inked blended a background for the inside too, using Distress Oxides.  I used the Starry Skies dies to add some shooting stars and star clusters randomly on the background.  Then I backed the panel with a white card base to make the stars stand out.  I stamped and colored images from Beam Me Up, Out of this World and Critters Ever After and glued them all down with the new Glue Tube from Lawn Fawn.  This glue is amazing, and the fine tip is perfect for tiny pieces!  I stamped a sentiment from Out of This World on the new Cloudy Pop-Up Add On dies.  The pivot mechanism was easy to assemble, but it is important to use good STURDY adhesive to adhere it together.  Constant opening and closing could loosen things over time, so you want to make sure it's not going anywhere.  I used glossy accents to glue down my Pivot Pop-Up and it worked beautifully.


Pivot PopUp Inside

That's all for me today!  Make sure you stop by the Lawn Fawn blog to see what is happening over there... lots more projects to share with you!  I hope you will come back tomorrow as I have another card for you!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

11 comments:

mooch said...

Loved this card. The ink blended backgrounds are gorgeous and the design is just smashing!

sharon said...

Too cute. Your coloring is beautiful.

Jennifer K said...

This is really cool, Audrey! I love how the whole galaxy opens up when you open the card. Love it!

Lyndel Turner said...

This is my favourite out of all the pivot pop-up cards by the design team

Heather M said...

So fun! Love your starry night and fun aliens!

Colleen said...

Love this card

Andrea Hastilow said...

Great card, how utterly cute is that little alien x

Cathy Lillie said...

This is a phenomenal card! I love how clean the front of the card is, and then the inside is a galaxy of color and fun! All the little images are so cute, but that alien is my favorite!

Sharna W. said...

I absolutely adore everything about this!

Linda Kay Smith said...

So cute!

bkazoo said...

Clever surprise inside. I love these cards

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS