Monday, May 15, 2017

Lawn Fawn Release Week: Duh-Nuh and Ocean Waves Accents


Hello there!  Happy Monday!  Today, Lawn Fawn release week continues with an adorable new mini set, Duh-Nuh!  A shark has been on my wishlist for a long while, and this one is so super cute!  He's definitely another favorite from the release.

To create my card, I used Salty Ocean and Cracked Pistachio distress ink to make an ink blended background.  I splattered it with some clean clear water to bleach out some areas, then I watered down some Salty Ocean and splattered that one top, alone with some gold metallic watercolor.  When it was dry, I diecut it with the new Outside In Rectangles dies.  I stamped and colored the shark and tiny fish from Duh-Nuh.  I pulled out my Life is Good stamp set, and stamped and colored the sand mound, and then used the Mermaid for You stamp set to stamp some seaweed in Freshly Cut Grass and Celery Stick ink.  I used the new Ocean Waves Accents dies to diecut some fun waves in the background, and tucked a shark fin from Duh-Nuh behind the wave.  For my sentiment, I diecut letters for my custom sentiment from Blue Jay cardstock using Louie's ABCs dies.  I mounted the panel on a Blue Jay card base, added some clear Nuvo Drops to create some bubbles in my ocean scene, and finally, some white gel pen accents.

Duh-Nuh

Be sure to visit the Lawn Fawn blog for lots more inspiration from the design team, and I hope you will stop back by tomorrow because I have another project to share with you! :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,
I'm really enjoying your card, it has all of my favorite things concerning sea and sea life! Love this new die from LF, it will make it so easy to use a lot of the previous stamps I already own!! Your shark card is just adorable!! The ink colors are very nice! Thanks for sharing lots of techniques!!!! Happy crafting!!!!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS