Saturday, March 31, 2012

PDCC #125

This week at the Play Date Cafe, Challenge #125 is to use black, white and a splash of brown. Awhile back, I got the Clear and Simple Stamps Taglines: Critters set, and this was the first chance I had to ink it up. It is SO, SO adorable. The fun Chevron background is from Paper Smooches Geo-Graphic set (a favorite of mine!) I first cut the cardstock panel and then made a mask by punching a 1.75" circle from a post-it note. I placed that on the panel and stamped my chevron pattern over top. When I removed the mask, there is a spot for my owl :) So sorry that my picture isn't the best... it's rainy and dark so I had to take pics in a different place with artificial light and it didn't turn out so great...





It's a rainy Saturday here, so that means a lazy afternoon in my craft room! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Clear and Simple Stamps Taglines: Critters, Paper Smooches Geo-Graphic
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stampers Select White, True Black
Other: Copic Markers, Popdots

8 comments:

Elena said...

Love, love, love it! I'm waiting for that set to come in the mail, so in the meantime if you want to play with it some more and share your cute ideas, that'd be great :)

Micupoftea said...

SO adorable, Audrey! Great card~

Sanketi said...

Wonderful!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Audrey, this is SO stinkin' cute! THose chevron stripes give such movement to the card.

Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date CAfe. :)

Aleksandra said...

Lovely card. That owl is so cute!

have a blessed day!
Aleksandra

Jinny Newlin said...

Super cute, Audrey! LOVE that lone owl on a field of chevron! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

This card rocks! Love how you used the white behind the owl to draw attention to it. Thank you so much for giving the splash a go at The Play Date Cafe.

Jen Carter said...

First, I think your picture turned out great!! 2nd, this card is adorable! That paper looks printed and the way you masked the circle is so striking!! Love, love, love this card! Pinned!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS