Friday, June 8, 2018

Reverse Confetti June Blog Hop


Hello there!  It's the 8th of the month, and that means it's time for the Reverse Confetti June blog hop!  This month, we have a Summer Fun theme!  I don't know about you, but when I think of summer, I think immediately about the 4th of July.  I pulled out some of my favorite products and created a fun star spangled card!

To create my card, I started off with an A2 card base cut from Premier Polar White cardstock.  On top of that, I layered a Big Stripes Cover Panel cut from Salsa cardstock.  For my next layer, I cut the Polka Panel from Navy cardstock and backed that with white before adding it to my card front.  For my focal point, I pulled out my Fa La La Circle Confetti Cuts dies and diecut the pinked edge circle from some Warm Heart patterned paper.  I diecut the smaller circle from that die set from white cardstock.  In the center of the white circle, I stamped a sentiment from the Because of the Brave stamp set in Navy ink.  For some added detail and another pop of red, I bordered each side of the sentiment with the herringbone pattern from the Pattern Blocks stamp set, stamped in Salsa ink.


Stars & Stripes Forever

And it's not 4th of July without a little sparkle!  I added a trio of stars by diecutting the two sizes of scribble stars from the Seeing Stars Confetti Cuts die set out of gold glitter paper and then added a scattering of metallic gold sequins to finish off my card.

Stars & Stripes Forever

To help you to get into the summer spirit, be sure to visit the Reverse Confetti blog and hope along with the rest of the design team!!

Amy Kolling

Melissa Phillips

Tricia Barber 

Kelly Lunceford

Lisa Henke

Amy Rohl

Carly Tee Minner

Laurie Schmidlin

Heather Hoffman

Amy Tsuruta

Kathy Schweinfurth

Audrey Tokach

Deanne Kuntz

Tatiana Trafimovich

Jeanne Jachna

Olga Moss


Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

















7 comments:

~amy~ said...

So fun Audrey, love the added glittery stars!

crazymom said...

Wonderful bright and cheery. Love the patriotic touch!!

Cindy C. said...

Great design, playful and yet patriotic!!

Sue D said...

Love this patriotic card design.

Jennifer Scull said...

What a great patriotic card! Love the glittery stars! :)

Jennifer said...

Great work! Love the colors and combo of elements!

Beverly Perdue said...

Super fun patriotic card! I'm crazy about the polka panel and the big stripes.

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS