Tuesday, December 11, 2018

MFT & Friends December Release


Hi there!  I am so excited to share that I am part of the MFT & Friends December 2018 Release with My Favorite Things!

My card features the new Forever and Owlways stamp set and the coordinating Forever and Owlways Die-namics along with the new Essential Slanted Sentiment Strips Die-namics.

To create my card I started off with a panel of dark blue cardstock measuring 4" x 5.25".  I used the Cloud Stencil along with some Black Soot Distress Oxide ink to create a cloudy  night sky.  Then I splattered on some metallic gold watercolor.  I stamped and colored the larger branch and the cute owl pair from the Forever and Owlways stamp set and diecut them with the coordinating Forever and Owlways Die-namics.  Then, I stamped a sentiment from the set onto dark blue cardstock and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder before diecutting it with the Essential Slanted Sentiment Strips Die-namics.  I popped everything up with foam tape, and added a few finishing touches to my card including googly eyes to the owls, white pen accents, and a scattering of tiny wooden stars from my stash.


So Happy Together

Be sure to check out the MFT blog for all the details on the December release, available now in the MFT store and at your favorite retailers.

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

38 comments:

Deb C said...

I struggle with night sky panels and love how you created your’s Thank you so much for sharing your fun card.

sharon g said...

I like how you gave the owls a night sky...perfect. And BIG google eyes

Linda M said...

Your background is a beautiful setting for the cute little owls! Fabulous card!

Heather said...

This is adorable!!! And that night sky is FABULOUS!!! Wow!

Emily said...

Beautiful background.

Lyn said...

Love your share <3 such an awesome release, think I have the owls at the top of my list this time

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love that you did googly eyes on the owls! DARLING

Julie S said...

Loving the dark background. Really makes the images pop.

Lori said...

I really like the dark colors on your card, very dramatic nighttime scene.

Erica Loscalzo said...

I like night look

Tami B. said...

I LOVE your night sky-great job on it!

Colorado Crafter said...

Very sweet card!!!

Julia said...

Oh I love this card, it is so cute! I love how you did the dark sky.

Kay D said...

This card is awesome! That dramatic sky background is just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Great scene - love the colors you used.

Renee's ramblings said...

Your card is incredible, Audrey! I especially love how you created the night sky. (I'll probably CASE that technique in the future. ;) )The googly eyes add such cute touch, too.

Debbie Rumpza said...

What a great card! I really like the way you created the background!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a delightful creation. You've colored it so beautifully!

Annette Snyder said...

So cute! I love your card!

Arianna Barbara said...

Too sweet and cute!!! Love it!!!

Ali Farmer (alilovescardmaking) said...

Love the dark background Audrey - really makes the owls pop! xx

Dee Earnshaw said...

awww this card is so darn cute - love the googly eyes!!!

Subhashini said...

Love the starry nights in your card base, the addition of googly eyes makes the owl incredibly cute.....

karenb said...

Beautiful! Love the background.

Neha Tulsyan said...

Wow.. the background is so amazing.. I always love these kind of backgrounds where you add colors over the black cardstock

Deeps said...

Your night sky is beautiful. Really sweet card.

Kelsey Thomas said...

Adorable! :) Love the dark background with the clouds.

Stacey Kowbel said...

Such a cute card! I love the gold stars on the background - such a great touch!

Craftyfield said...

Lovely sky background and the owls are so cute!

Isabel Z said...

I love what you created!

Chandhini said...

Love that background, it is amazing with those stars shining bright. The owls looks so cute and googly eyes add lovely dimension.

Tanja said...

Awesome background. Great card :)

Karthikha said...

Wow!! Fabulous creation!! Love how you created that amazing background and these owls are the cutest ever!! <3

JessicaK said...

Gorgeous nighttime scene and beautifully colored little owls

Sue D said...

Love the googly eyes and the night sky.

mindy1414 said...

Your card is adorable (love those owls). The night sky is phenomenal and the googly eyes add the perfect touch. Thank you for participating in this hop and for the awesome inspiration.
(mardy14@bellsouth.net

Judie said...

Love the night sky background! Amazing card!

Dana M said...

Oh what a beautiful night sky! Gorgeous coloring and card design.

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS