Saturday, December 16, 2017

Essentials By Ellen Celebration Lady


Hello hello!!  I am so excited to be sharing a project for the newest Ellen Hutson release today!  My card features the fun Celebration Lady stamp set and coordinating Celebration Lady dies.  The newest leading lady is ready to party! :)


I have been trying to push myself out of the box lately, and I am loving colored card bases right now.  It is such a fun change from white!  To create my card, I started off with a black A2 card base, and diecut a panel slightly smaller to add a stitched edge.  I splattered the panel with some gold metallic watercolor to add a festive feel.  I stamped and colored Celebration Lady with copic markers, and paper pieced her skirt with some polka dot paper from my stash.  Then I diecut her with the coordinating Celebration Lady dies.  I did not like how the white edge looked against the dark background, so I colored around the edges of the diecut with a black marker, then popped her up with foam tape.  Of course, it can't be a celebration without some bubbly!  I added a glittery champagne glass to her hand, and coated it with some glossy accents for shine.  For some more festive touches, I stamped and colored the streamer from the set and adhered a few of them with a glue pen.  I stamped a sentiment from the set onto a hand cut banner of black cardstock, and heat embossed it with white embossing powder to make it pop.  And to finish things off, I added a scattering of sequins, and some white gel pen accents before popping the panel up on the card base with some foam tape.

Celebration Lady

There's lots more to see today!  Be sure to hop along to visit these wonderful ladies and see what they have to share with you today!!

Audrey Tokach  **you are here**

Thanks so much for stopping by!! :)

9 comments:

Andrea Hastilow said...

Like your getting outbthe box with the coloured card bases, this makes your card really pop, great celebration lady very pretty & really like the patterned skirt & of course what's a party this time of year without champagne x

Sue D said...

So festive--I like the dark background.

Amy C. said...

This is such a stunning design! The black background really makes everything pop.

Denise Bryant said...

Adorable card! Love those dots!

Christine said...

Looks great on black.

Lagene said...

This looks so good on black, I love the paper pieced skirt!

Mrsfish02 said...

Oh I love her outfit. Is she not so sophisticated looking. Cheers to Brandi and also Happy Holidays all.......

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That’s a great p, festive card ! I love the black background. margessw@icloud.com

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Fun and festive and so bold in black and gold!! Great idea to use the black for the backdrop!! So clever!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS