Thursday, May 8, 2014

Watercolor Backgrounds

Hi there!
I am participating in the online card class, Watercolor for Card Makers.  So far, I am LOVING it!  It really is stretching my creative boundaries.  I am still struggling a bit with the lack of control in watercoloring techniques, but the end result is usually beautiful!

I am a little behind with the class, so this card demonstrates background techniques learned on days 1 and 2.


Watercolor background

The background was done using traditional watercolors and water, and I colored the Doodlie Do flower and leaves with copic markers.

I have lots more backgrounds done, and now I just need to finish cards with them.  Stay tuned! :)

Thanks for stopping by!!

7 comments:

Jennifer K said...

So pretty! That's going to be one lucky recipient. :)

Kate said...

So pretty Audrey :) Ive made some backgrounds too so am looking forward to the weekend and catching up.
Kate xx

Wida said...

Really pretty!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

Michelle said...

Super pretty, Audrey! :-)

Kathryn A said...

Love this!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Audrey! So pretty!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS