Thursday, March 15, 2012

An Irish Owl - Colour Q #128



So while purusing the grocery store yesterday, I wandered about the floral department and came across adorable little potted Shamrock plants. I always look for little inexpensive ways to let my boys' teachers know that I appreciate them and all that they do for my children. I grabbed 2 up and when I got home, I decided they needed a little dressing up for St. Patrick's Day. I pulled out my new stamps from The Craft's Meow - Owl See You in Spring. ADORABLE! I diecut two PTI Tag Sale #5 tags for each floral pick and sandwiched a wooden BBQ skewer in between. Man, that Scor-tape doesn't mess around. I stuck then together, and they weren't even, but it was STUCK and I was afraid to ruin them (since it was after midnight and I was running out of time!) Oh well, proof that they were handmade, huh? :)

The boys took them to school day since we are going away for the weekend and they won't see their teachers before the holiday. They were so excited this morning. They love giving presents and much as I do :)





I am also entering this into this week's ColourQ Challenge - #128 - All about GREEN! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: The Craft's Meow Owl See You in Spring
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Tea Dye Duo, Simply Chartreuse, New Leaf
Paper: PTI Stampers Select White, Spring Moss
Other: PTI Tag Sale #5 die, PTI Pinefeather Swiss Dot Ribbon, Paper Smooches Emerald Twine, Copic Markers, Wooden BBQ Skewers, Popdots

8 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww this is such a fun idea...love it..

Sylvia said...

Cute plant stick, Audrey, love the owl! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Kara said...

so cute!! love the little owl!! thanks for joining us at the CQC!!!

Kathy V. said...

Awww, that's cute. Had to chuckle about the ScorTape--I've experienced the same thing! Great entry to the ColourQ, too.

LeAnne said...

Aw, this is really cute..a great way to add a little something to that very nice gift for your kids' teachers!! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at the CQC!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so cute, great job.

Jenny said...

OHH this is so cute!! LOVE IT!! :) :) thanks for sharing!!! cant wait to see what else you do with this set! (:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Audrey - I love that super cute tag! What a great gift idea! Thanks so much for playing with the colourQ this week!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS