Saturday, August 12, 2017

Reverse Confetti SALE!


Hello there!  I'm here to tell you that Reverse Confetti is having a SALE!  It's Jen's birthday, but she's giving out the presents!  Now through August 13th, at 11:59 CST, receive 20% off of your ENTIRE order using the code JEN20!  How awesome is that?!  Time to stock up on all of your Reverse Confetti favorites! :)


I also have a birthday card to share with you!  To create my card, I started off by watercoloring a piece of watercolor paper with my Artist Loft watercolor palette from Michaels.  I used a wide brush to paint stripes of color on dry watercolor paper, slightly overlapping the colors.  I built up the color to get to the desired vibrancy.  When it was dry, I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.25".  For my focal point, I stamped the cake and cake stand from the Candles 'n Confetti stamp set, then diecut them with the coordinating Candles 'n Confetti Confetti Cuts dies.  I glued the plate down with a glue pen, then popped the cake up with foam tape.  Around the cake, I added white diecut stars using the Seeing Stars Confetti Cuts dies, cut from Premier Polar White cardstock.  For my sentiment, I diecut a banner using the banner die from the Greetings Frame Confetti Cuts die set, and stamped a sentiment from the Celebrations stamp set in black ink.  I popped that up below the cake stand with foam tape, then mounted the panel up on a white card base with more foam tape.

Birthday Wishes

I added some rainbow colored jewels to the right border of the panel for some added fun.  Each jewel is the same color as the watercolor stripe below it.  This small little touch adds just enough that it doesn't take away from the main focal point of the card.

Birthday Wishes

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to check out the Reverse Confetti blog to see who else have projects to share with you today! :)



 





3 comments:

~amy~ said...

SUCH a fun card...love those big ole watercolored swipes!

Tricia Barber said...

One of my favorite birthday sets! Love your rainbow!

Elizabeth said...

Love this set and the card is beautiful TYFS :-)

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS