Friday, June 30, 2017

Lawn Fawn and Tombow Collaboration Blog Hop

Hello there!!  Today, the Lawn Fawn design team is teaming up the gang at Tombow to bring you a collaboration blog hop!  Tombow has generously given us some of their amazing products to work with, and I used them on my card today!

To create my card, I started off by using my new Tombow Brights Dual Tip Markers.  I scribbled them onto a blending palette, and picked them up with a wet paint brush, and painted onto damp watercolor paper. The slightly damp paper allowed them to blend into a beautiful orange, pink and purple ombre, but because it was only damp and not super wet, it left hard edges which I love on this particular background.  I diecut the panel with the Dotted Rectangles Stackables, and added a white hill with the Simple Stitched Hillside borders.  I stamped and colored the birds from Flamingo Together, then stamped the sun from Hello Sunshine in Carrot ink, stamped off once.  I added shading with a copic marker.  Behind the sun are two Puffy Cloud Frames diecuts.  I stamped a sentiment from Flamingo Together, and then used the Tombow Extreme Tape Runner to adhere the panel to a white card base.  The Extreme adhesive is perfect for watercolor pieces!  It keeps even slightly warped paper flat!

You Flamingo Girl

Be sure to hop along to see lots more inspiration using Lawn Fawn and Tombow products!  Here is the full list of participating designers:

Audrey - ** you are here**
Chari  

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

30 comments:

Arianna Barbara said...

Awww!!! Adorable and sweet card!!!

Isabel Z said...

I love blog hops because I get inspired to create!

Debbie Rumpza said...

Darling flamingo card! I don't have these yet... but I should!

Jackie said...

That background is beautiful and the little flamingos are so cute.

Miranda said...

I love the background. I am going to have to try that technique. I love the how the colors fade into each other so smoothly.

Christy Malone said...

So cute!

Emily said...

Love the flamingos and the bright colors.

Stanlee Runner said...

The flamingos are so cute and the background is wonderful.

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute and colorful card!!!

Lydia Lee said...

Love the flamingos! So bright and cheerful! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Abby said...

Beautiful background!

Kleri said...

These flamingos are simply adorable!Thank you for the inspiration!

Gail S. said...

A favorite card! Love the brightness and happy feeling!

Unknown said...

Cute! Cute! Cute.

KathyMcc said...

What a great card....LOVE the blended background!!

Debi Vintinner said...

Gorgeous colors!! Wow!!

Nana Griffin said...

Lovely colors and background.

Anonymous said...

Love the blended colors and the flamingos are so cute.

Charlotte C said...

I really have to use my Tombow markers more. TFS.

NicoleN said...

Love the colors of this card. Very pretty.

Sue D said...

Love the pretty background you created for these cute flamingos.

ginni said...

The Tombow marker colors are beautiful. Lovely card.

DM_party_Goddess said...

love those flamingos

dusteesmom@gmail.com said...

love the color and design in this card, great inspiration!

FeM said...

I like the colors of the background. Awesome card.

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome color combo on this adorable card!

Viola Leary said...

I love that card. The watercolor background is fabulous. The colors are nice and bright. Thanks for the inspiration?

Mary-Anne V said...

I love how you created that gorgeous background.

Elaine said...

Lovely card and I love the colors you chose!

Thorsdotter said...

I love this set--I have yet to use it-so this idea is really helpful. thank you.

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS