Thursday, April 20, 2017

Bible Journaling: Matthew 17:20-21



Hello there!  I have a fun project to share with you today!  I am using some of my favorite Reverse Confetti products to do a little Bible Art Journaling!  Reverse Confetti has a line of faith based sentiments that are perfect, not only for card making, but also for bible journaling.

Today, I chose to journal Matthew, 17:20-21 which reads: He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

I started off my page by using my Neocolors II water reactive crayons to lay down a watercolor wash in the column of the page, and overlapping slightly onto the text.  I started with yellow at the top, then two shades of orange, and finally green at the bottom.  I used the darkest orange to also highlight the verse that I wanted to journal.  For the sun rays at the top, I used the Sunburst Cover Panel to cut a piece of clear acetate to use as a stencil.  I used my Distress Oxide inks in Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber with an ink blending tool to give a good contrast to the watercolored sky behind.  Just below the sun, I stamped a sentiment from The Lord's Strength stamp set.  For the mountains, I used an image from the Bearing Gifts stamp set.  The little clouds in the sky are from the Weather it Together stamp set.  I outlined the watercolored verse with a black journaling pen, and to mark my page, I used some patterned paper from the Free Spirit paper pad to make a tab using a tab punch.  I selectively inked and stamped the word "mountains" from the same sentiment I used on the page.  To finish things off and add a bit more interest. I added some black spatter all over the page.

Mountains

I love stamps that are multipurpose, and digging through my stash to look for things to use in my bible is very relaxing and fun for me.  If you have never painted in the pages if your bible, I encourage you to give it a try!  I was so nervous at first, but I quickly realized how silly it was to be nervous!  I have a separate bible just for my art journaling, the ESV Single Column Journaling Bible by Crossway, but there are so many to choose from! :)

Bible Journaling

That's it for me today!  I hope you enjoyed a peek into my bible! :)

Thanks for stopping by!! :)
















1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love God's Word and have seen many Bible Journaling posts from other crafters and artists. Today after seeing your post, I now have a desire to Bible journal. My Bible pages are thin. Would I need to get a special Bible printed on art paper? And what markers or supplies would I use to write or color with so it did not soak through the page?

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS