Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Lawn Fawn CHA Peek Week - Starry Skies and Out of this World


Hello there!  I have another card to share with you using lots of new goodies from the Lawn Fawn Spring 2017 release which is being showcased at CHA this week!

Today, I am using several of my favorites from the release, including the Out of This World stamp set and coordinating dies, the Starry Skies dies (so fun!), the Bannertastic Stamp set, and Zig Zag Rectangles dies.  I have been wanting a space set from Lawn Fawn forever, and the same goes for the Zig Zag dies!  LOVE!!

To create my card, I watercolored a night sky with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens.  When it was dry, I diecut it with the Dotted Rectangles Stackables.  I stamped, colored, and diecut the adorable little space man and planets from the Out Of This World stamp set, along with my favorite banner from the Bannertastic stamp set.  Then I stamped a sentiment from Out of this World in the banner.  Before I arranged the pieces on the watercolor background, I  used the Starry Skies die set to add a scattering of stars to opposite corners of the watercolor piece, and then diecut two shooting stars, also from the Starry Skies die set.  Then I popped the pieces up with foam tape.  I adhered the watercolor piece to a diecut Zig Zag Rectangle cut from white cardstock and then popped it up on a white card base.  I added some accents with a white gel pen, and though you can't really tell in the photo, I colored in the stars with the Sakura Startdust gelly roll pen.

Out of this World

That's all for me today, but be sure to check out the Lawn Fawn blog for lots more inspiration from the design team!! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

MBakeler said...

What a great card!! Thank you so much for sharing the stamps and dies. I am excited for the release!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS