Monday, January 18, 2016

Lawnscaping Challenge #122 - Watercolor

Hi there!  Today starts another Lawnscaping Challenge and I am so excited because it's all about my favorite... Watercolor!



We are sponsored this week by the super fabulous Lawn Fawn!


One of the things that I love to do most with watercolor is create my own backgrounds.  Sometimes they are completely abstract, and some times, like today, I create patterns on purpose.  I love the look of bold black and white stripes mixed with bright colors!  I started off my card with a piece of Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Paper.  I tape it down to a board, and used a wide flat brush and my $5 Artist's Loft Watercolors from Michaels to paint wide stripes from top to bottom.  When it was dry, I diecut the piece with the largest die from the Small Stitched Rectangles die set.  Then I stamped, colored and fussy cut a bunch of flowers and leaves from the Flutter by stamp set.  After I had an arrangement decided, I adhered some pieces with foam tape and others with a glue pen. For a sentiment, I used Violet's ABCs  to heat emboss "hello" on a black strip of cardstock, which I embossed with white embossing powder, then I cut a banner end on one side, and added it to the card front with foam tape.  I adhered the finished panel to a black card base, and added a scattering of black sequins to finish things off.


Flutterby Hello 

Be sure to check out the blog for all of the challenge details and to see lots more inspiration from the design team!  And just so you know, you are not seeing double... I am sharing this card on the Lawn Fawn blog today too! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Flutterby. Violet's ABCs
Dies: Small Stitched Rectangles
Paper: PTI True Black, Stampers Select White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Other: Artist's Loft Watercolor Palette (Michaels), white embossing powder, copic markers, Avery Elle Midnight Blend sequins, foam tape

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

This card is gorgeous!! I love the black and white with the bright colors!

Evelyn vasquez said...

Amazing color combos.

JBJ said...

GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing! :) I discovered your blog from the Lawn Fawn blog, and will definitely follow along now with your beautiful crafting adventures! I just pinned three items from recent posts as inspiration for future watercolor card-making fun. Thanks for sharing such beautiful work, and for writing great tips on how to achieve a similar effect!

Suchi said...

Adore your cards Audrey! Love your water colored background style! :)
Suchi xx

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Love the background! Never thought of using black watercolor!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS