Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Water Splatter Backgrounds {Papertrey Ink}

As soon as I saw the new Papertrey Ink Make-It-Monday #161, I knew I wanted to participate.  I love the watercolor, abstract, artsy look lately.

This week, the challenge is to create a water splattered background using dye inks and water.

I used Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores and Tropical Teal inks to create an ombre effect and then with water and a paint brush added the splatters.  The largest dots were from placing the paint brush directly onto the paper and the smaller ones were from tapping the paint brush against my finger from further away.

I pulled out my Butterfly Dreams stamp set and coordinating die, and the Signature Series Butterfly die to create the focal point.  The sentiment is from the Beautiful Butterflies set.


PTI MIM Water Splatter

That's all for now :)  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams, Beautiful Butterflies
Ink: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies: Signature Series Butterfly, Butterfly Dreams
Other: Copic Markers, Wink of Stella Clear Pen, Foam Tape

6 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Audrey!

Birgit said...

Very, very pretty card, Audrey! The green Colors you used together with the brightness of the butterfy - so pretty!

Luanne said...

How pretty! Love how you layered the butterfly.

sweet art designs said...

Very nice card. You nailed the challenge from PI

Gina said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Jennifer K said...

So pretty! I hope I have a few minutes to try this technique this weekend.

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS