Monday, November 21, 2011

Winter Penguins

Every once in awhile, I will make something that just makes me SO excited. That happened to me today. With the holidays right around the corner, and Christmas just about a month away, I am Christmas crafting. Do you ever feel that you need just *one more* little gift to be able to check someone off of your list? I feel that way every year with the boys' teachers. If you have read my blog before, it is no secret that I adore Target, and even more, the Target Dollar Spot. SO many wonderful little treasures there! :) The other day, I found these adorable little clear paint buckets in a variety of colors and picked up a bunch. Then wandering about the Christmas department, came across these ADORABLE penguin ornaments. I remembered my new PTI Winter Penguin Stamp set, and had a lightbulb moment. I picked up some fake snow at Target too - a huge bag for $2! I will be adding these little guys to the boys' teachers gifts this year. I am so pleased with how they turned out and they were so easy to put together.



A close up of the Tag:



How CUTE is he?!?!



Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Winter Penguin
Ink: Pure Poppy, Fresh Snow, Palette Charcoal, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Hawaiian Shores, Stampers Select White
Dies: Winter Penguin, Damask Snowflakes, Tag Sale #5
Other: Pure Poppy Bakers Twine, Copic Markers, Rhinestone, Pop Dots, misc. Grosgrain Dot Ribbon

12 comments:

Ronnie said...

Oh my goodness SOOOOO adorable! I love Target. Penguins make me smile, and I know your sons teachers will love them.

On a side note I have two boys also, almost 4, and almost 1. They keep me busy!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Love this project! I really like the way you used the penguin on the snowflake die! The color combination is awesome too! :)

Kara said...

so cute!!

Joyce said...

Really, really cute. I love Target, too, and can't wait for my penguin to arrive.

carol (krillsister) said...

What an awesome gift. I think you are the "Queen of Target". You get so many great finds.

Joy said...

This is just too sweet for words, I am in love with that penguin, I want to cuddle it...hugs

Babies- Beth said...

Oh my Audrey, you have made my heart melt! I haven't been to Target in over a year, but with the red and green season upon us, and that little penguin sitting on my stamp table, I just may need to go soon!

Leigh said...

This is so sweet, Audrey! Fabulous!

Lyndal said...

This is just gorgeous Audrey - wish our Target had such great specials too :) I'm sure the teachers will love them!

Baseret said...

Audrey, this is ADORABLE!!

ashjoy said...

that is just adorable!

LEG Studios said...

Too, too stinking' cute, Audrey!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS