Friday, August 5, 2011

My first 2011 Christmas card!



Loving the MIM techniques shared at PTI this week, and I am feeling inspired! :) I tried to do the glitter window with this one too, but it was a little too much, so I saved that window for another project ;)

I won the Holiday Tree stamp set from PTI a few months back and wanted to break it in. I think it will be my stamp set of choice for our Christmas cards this year. I love the rustic country feel.

Last year, I made a bunch of patterned paper using the Distressed Stipes stamp set, and came across it so I decided to use it for this card.





The inside:



Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Holiday Tree, Distressed Stripes
Paper: Stampers Select White, Scarlet Jewel, Kraft
Ink: Fresh Snow, Scarlet Jewel, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Tea Dye Duo, Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies: Mat Stack 1, Limitless Layers 1.75", Tiny Tags
Other: Rustic Jute Twine

7 comments:

Kara said...

1 down....:) really cute love that snowman peeking out!

Jen Adcock said...

Oh good Lord Audrey! This is so cute! I havent grasped the whole aperture thing but am so pleased that you have. I will live vicariously through you. ;-0 That snowman=stinkin'cute! You crafty minx.

Joyce said...

Sweet card. Love how you can see the entire snowman when you open the card.

carol (krillsister) said...

Love your card. The colors go great together. Love how you pulled all the elements together with the twine & tiny tag. Love the inside too! I still need to try this MIM technique.

Stephanie said...

So, so cute, Audrey!!! Love it!

Gwen said...

So cute! Love the cute little peeking snowman with the kraft!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great job, you did a fab job on the aperture.

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS