Thursday, May 18, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch #223 {Reverse Confetti}


Hello there!  Today, I have a card to share with you for the new CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #223, using products from Reverse Confetti.  Here is the sketch:



This challenge pulls me out of my comfort zone because it calls for clean and simple cards. I love the style, and admire how others have perfected it, but it's hard for me because we all know how much I love my foam tape! LOL!  I decided while I was taking on the challenge, I'd take it a step further, and challenge myself to make a masculine card.  Another tough one for me.  Here is what I came up with...

To create my card, I started off by cutting a piece of patterned paper from the Warm Heart paper pad and adhering it to a piece of white cardstock measuring 4" x 5.25".  Following the sketch, I stamped the anchor image from the Seaside stamp set in Navy ink, followed by two star images from the Circle Wishes stamp set, in Stone ink.  I stamped a sentiment from the same set just to the right of that cluster using Stormy ink, and then added a few dark grey sequins before mounting the panel up on a navy card base.

Now believe it or not, this card took longer than some of my really layered cards because I was so unsure as it's not my usual style.  But, now I have an almost flat, masculine card, easy to mail!  That's not something I have a lot of in my card stash!

You anchor me

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)







1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

I love this, Audrey! Fabulous take on the sketch!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS