Friday, May 12, 2017

Lawn Fawn Release Week: Magic Color Slider


Hello, hello!  It's day 2 of Lawn Fawn release week and today we are showcasing a super fun die set, the Magic Color Slider die!  This die allows you to create an interactive card with a sliding window that reveals a colored in scene!

For my card today, I used another new stamp set that will be featured later this week called Duh-Nuh,  This little shark might be one of my new favorite critters!

Magic Color Slider 3

Here  you can see my Magic Color Slider, closed, then open.  So fun!  The possibilities are really endless with this one! :)
Magic Color Slider 4

I started off with a Blue Jay card base, and used the new Outside In Rectangles dies to add a stitched edge to a piece of Let's Polka in the Dark patterned paper.  My slider is closed, with only part of my scene stamped on the acetate window.  I added a little shark fin from the Dun-Nuh stamp set to the pull tab, and used the banner die in the Magic Color Slider die set to stamp a sentiment.

Magic Color Slider 1

Pulling the tab reveals my underwater scene.  I stamped images from the new Duh-Nuh stamp set along with images from Fintasic Friends and the sand mound from Life is Good.  I masked off those images, then used distress inks to create a blue and green ocean-like background.  I splattered on clean water to bleach out some areas, and though it's hard to see in the pictures, added some gold watercolor spatters for some fun shimmer.

Magic Color Slider 2

Be sure to visit the Lawn Fawn blog to see all of the other Magic Color Sliders featured today!  Stop back by tomorrow for a project using one of my favorite sets from this release!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so darn cute!

Lisa said...

the shark is so adorable, love what you did with him!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS