Thursday, May 11, 2017

Lawn Fawn Release Week: Ahoy, Matey

Hello there!  It's the day we have been waiting for!  Lawn Fawn's summer release is just days away!  There are SO MANY amazing products coming your way!  Just when I think it can't get any better, it does!  Just wait until you see! ;)

For my card today, I used several new products.  I started off by ink blending a sunset background on a piece of watercolor paper.  I diecut it once with the new Outside In Rectangles Stackables.  These dies will cut a double stitched edge, one inside and one outside of whatever you are cutting.  I used the largest die in the set to add a stitched edge to the panel.  Using the inside piece, you will get a medium stitched rectangle that falls right between the largest dies in the Small Stitched Rectangles and Large Stitched Rectangles.  The largest die in the Outside In Rectangles leave a 1/8" border on an A2 card base.  I have been wishing for this size forever! :)  Ok, so after I added my stitched edge, I ran the panel through again with the Stitched Cloud Backdrop.  Below that I inked a piece of white card stock with Salty Ocean Distress Ink and diecut that with the new Ocean Hillside Pop Up Add On die,  I used the Sun and Moon die set and the Simple Puffy Cloud Frames to add a little sunshine!! Then, I used the Simple Stitched Hillside Borders to add a sandy hill, and set the scene for the star of the show, the adorable little pirate and his feathered friend from the new Ahoy, Matey stamp set!  How cute is he with this treasure map and loot?!  To his left, I added a few palm trees using the new Palm Trees dies, and below him I added a sentiment from the same set onto a hand cut banner. To finish things off, I added some white gel pen accents and popped the panel up on a kraft card base.

Squeeee!  You all know how much I LOVE scene building, and this release is full of some amazing dies just perfect for that!


Ahoy Matey

Be sure to visit the Lawn Fawn blog for lots more amazing inspiration from the design team and stop back by tomorrow for more of the new products! :)

Thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This card is SOOOO cute!

Ashley said...

I am in love with your card! Great job!!

Melinda said...

Fantastic card!!!! Love your background.

Justine said...

This has to be my favourite card from the new release. I can't wait to recreate it once the new stamps and dies arrive at my local store.

Unknown said...

Omg what a beautiful card !!! I'm in love woth that pop of color

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS