Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Color Throwdown #446

Hello there!  I am excited to share that I have been asked to play along with the design team over at the Color Throwdown Challenge for the month of June!

A new challenge starts every Wednesday, and today kicks off Color Throwdown #446 - Green, Yellow and Coral!



For my card today, I pulled out some cute stamps from my Paper Smooches stash!  I started off by watercoloring a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock with Abandoned Coral and Mustard Seed distress inks.  I diecut the panel with the Lawn Fawn Small Dotted Rectangles Stackables dies.  I added a strip of patterned paper to the bottom of the panel, then stamped and colored a pineapple image from the Pineapple Crush stamp set.  I knew I wanted to use this sentiment from the Spreading Sunshine stamp set, so I had to give my pineapple a smile!  I stamped and cut the cheesy grin from the Sunny Side Up stamp set, which I believe has been retired.  I added glasses from the Pineapple 2 dies, and of course, googlie eyes!  I diecut some hearts from dark coral cardstock using the Tiny Hearts dies, and added some white gel pen accents before mounting the panel on a white card base using foam tape.

Smiling Pineapple

Be sure to visit the Color Throwdown blog for lots more inspiration from the design team, and for all of the challenge details!  I hope you will play along! :)

Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Broni said...

This is SO cute, Audrey! I'm so glad you're joining us at Color Throwdown this month!!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS