Friday, December 17, 2021

Sunny Studio Stamps - Icing Borders

 



Hello friends! Today, I have a fun card to share with you that uses the Icing Borders from Sunny Studio Stamps in a unconventional way!  To create my card, I started off with a piece of watercolor paper cut to 4" x 5.25".  I used Distress ink in Salty Ocean to watercolor an underwater background.  I diecut a piece of kraft cardstock with the Slimline Nature Borders dies, then inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide before splattering the entire panel with watered down white acrylic paint.  Then, I stamped and colored the adorable shark from the Sea You Soon stamp set, and diecut him with the coordinating Sea You Soon Dies.  I used images from the Best Fishes stamp set to decorate the ocean floor, and diecut them with the coordinating Best Fishes Dies.  

Audrey_IcingBorders1

I popped all of the images up with foam tape, then used the Icing Borders dies cut from white cardstock to add waves all around them.  I cut them smaller to fit in the spaces around the shark.  I stamped a sentiment from the Best Fishes stamp set on a white banner and popped that up at the top of the panel, then adhered the panel to an A2 card base.  To finish off my card, I added some white gel pen accents and a scattering of tiny bubbles.

Audrey_IcingBorders2

That's all for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

No comments:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS