Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Heffy Doodle December Guest Designer!

 


Hello Friends!   I am thrilled to be joining the Heffy Doodle team as a guest designer for the month of December!  Today, I have a get well card to share with you using the adorable Bed Heads stamp set!  To create my card, I started off with an A2 card base.  I wanted to create a little bedroom scene for my card, and added faux shiplap to the card front using a vertical strip die set from my stash and some white cardstock.  For the flooring, I cut horizontal stripes from tan woodgrain cardstock, and then inked the edges with some Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink.  Then, I stamped  several images from the Bed Heads stamp set, which I colored with Polychromos colored pencils before fussy cutting them with my scissors.  I don't mind fussy cutting, but if you prefer, there are also coordinating Bed Heads dies available.  For some added fun, I paper pieced the little pig's bedding with a bright floral patterned paper and coordinating yellow knit pattern.

Heffy Doodle Speedy Recovery

I arranged the elements in my scene how I wanted them, and adhered some flat with a glue pen and added foam tape to others for some extra dimension.  The little picture frame on the wall holds a tiny clay heart.  I stamped a sentiment from the Bed Heads stamp set on a diecut banner and popped that up above the sickly little pig's head.  To finish off my card, I added some white gel pen accents to all of the images.

That's all for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

Lana said...

absolutely the cutest!

kel said...

omg i have never seen such a perfect get well card! what a great scene and i love the colors! fantastic job!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS