Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Countdown to Confetti - Day 3: My Sunshine


Hello there!  Welcome to day 3 of the Countdown to Confetti with Reverse Confetti!  All of the new release products that we are sharing with you over the next few days will be available in the Reverse Confetti store and at your favorite retailers on March 8th!


Today, the Reverse Confetti team is showcasing the new My Sunshine stamp set and coordinating My Sunshine Confetti Cuts dies.  This fun stamp set is filled with whimsical parts and pieces to create your own sunshine!  I started of by diecutting a piece of watercolor paper with the new Stitched Rays Cover Panel.  I colored every other ray with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens, then blended the colors together with some clean clear water.  In the center of the sun burst, I added my sunshine.  I stamped the center of the sun and the skinny rays in Bumblebee ink, then diecut them with the coordinating dies.  Then I cut the larger set of rays from Bumblee cardstock, and layered everything together.  The center of the sun is popped up with foam tape, and the entire sun is popped up on the panel with foam tape.  I used the All Framed Up Confetti Cuts die to diecut a double frame from Premier Polar White cardstock and glued everything down to a white A2 card base.  To finish off my card, I added a scattering of yellow iridescent sequins.

Shine Bright 1

Is it sort of difficult to tell in the photos, but I inked the very edges of the center of the sun with some Tangerine ink to add a little dimension and pull in some extra orange to coordinate better with the watercolored rays.  I really love the artsy feel of this sunshine!

Shine Bright 2

Be sure to visit the Reverse Confetti blog, and also check out what the rest of the design team has to share with you!  This release is so great, and I can't wait to share the rest of my projects with you!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!



 





14 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great colorful and happy card!

LittleSher said...

This card makes me feel warm inside.

Jill Norwood said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love the colors you used! Gorgeous!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love how you pulled the color of the sunshine into the background. Beautiful!!

sharon g said...

WOWZERS, I love the look!!!!!!!!!!

Julie said...

Love this...reminds me of tie-dye! Anyway it’s groovy, baby!

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty colors, textures and dimension! Love it!

Sue D said...

Great design and I like the cheery colors.

Julie S said...

OOO...I'm loving how you colored the rays too!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

I love the rainbow of color, all the stitching, and details. Just lovely.

Cathy P said...

Love your watercolored background with the sun ray cover plate!!

Amy C. said...

Beautiful blend of colors. This is such a pretty new die.

Amy C. said...

Beautiful blend of colors. This is such a pretty new die.

~amy~ said...

super pretty!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS