Friday, September 19, 2014

My Heart is Full {Mama Elephant}

Hello there!  Today I have a card to share that I created with the Mama Elephant and ME Challenge in mind!  This month's challenge is Paper Piecing + Thank You.


My heart is full

I wanted to create sort of a shadow box effect, so I cut an A2 card base, then I cut a piece of white cardstock to measure 4" x 5.25".  I positioned this die where I wanted it and than ran it through my diecut machine.  I then cut a third piece of white card stock only slightly larger than the window opening.  I did all of my stamping and decorating on that panel and then popped the window panel over it using foam tape.  

To create my little scene, I first sponged Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on the top 2/3 of the panel to create a clouded sky.  Then, using the Landscape Trio die set, I cut some hills from patterned paper.  I used the clouds from the Landscape Trio dies to create a vellum cloud.  After adhering the hills and clouds to my panel, I stamped, colored, paper pieced and diecut my little girl from the In My Heart stamp set and set her down on the panel where I wanted her,without glueing.  I added some grass detail with copic markers and stamped some flowers and the butterfly, then popped the little girl up on some foam tape.  I stamped a sentiment from Many Thanks, then mounted the windowed panel over the scene with foam tape.  It didn't feel quite finished at that point, so I cut some tiny hearts using the Confetti die out of dark red cardstock.  I added some white gel pen accents, Wink of Stella glitter, and a coating of glossy accents to the hearts after I glued them down.

That's all for now... thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: In My Heart, Many Thanks
Dies: ME Landscape Trio, In My Heart, Confetti, PTI Journal Card 2
Paper: PTI White, Scarlet Jewel, Lawn Fawn Let's Polka 6x6 pad, MME Gertie paper  pad
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Tumbled Glass Distress
Other: Copic Markers, Uniball Signo White Gel Pen, Wink of Stella Clear, Foam Tape

10 comments:

Kristii said...

Oh my goodness Audrey! What a sweet little card! So perfect in every way!

Lorraine Marasigan said...

Wonderful! Love the grass that you added, her cute little dress, and the glossy hearts. Beautiful scene you created:)

Yuki said...

This card is absolutely adorable! I absolutely love your paper piecing and the shadow box effect!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet and fun scene! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

Unknown said...

Lovely card with a cute scene!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous! I love the sweet little scene that you create!

Petti said...

So cute! Great window card!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Such a super sweet Little scene! LOVE your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Mama Elephant and Me challenge!

melania deasy said...

Oh I really love this!! Your scene is perfect Audrey!! LOVE LOVE! Thank you so much for playing with us at Mama Elephant and ME!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

I'm so happy you won Audrey!!!!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS