Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Monster Hugs {Lawn Fawn}

Hello there!  I had some time this past weekend to do some crafting, and I couldn't resist coloring some of the monsters from the new Lawn Fawn Monster Mash stamp set!  I think these little guys are some of my favorites from the new release, and I love that they can be used for so much more than halloween.  Today though, I have a halloween-ish card to share.

Here is a bit of a closeup while I was coloring my monsters... little details like dots and white gel pen accents make them look so alive! :)

monster coloring

In case anyone is interested, here are the colors I used:
Green monster: YG01, YG03, YG05, YR12, YR15, YR18
Purple monster: BV02, BV08, BV13, W03
Orange monster: YR12, YR15, YR18, E09
Yellow monster: YR32, YR35, YR38
Blue monster: B00, B02, B24, B28

And here is my card...


Monster Hugs

I used a dark grey, almost black cardstock for the card base and fishtailed banner.  The orange patterned paper is from the Lawn Fawn Into the Woods 6x6 paper pad, and the tiny stars were diecut from the shapes that come with the Journaling Card die.

That's all for now... thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies: 
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Monster Mash
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Smokey Shadow, White, Royal Velvet, Lawn Fawn Into the Woods 6x6 pad
Dies: PTI Wine Bottle Tag, PTI Pinked Edge, Mama Elephant Banner, Lawn Fawn Journaling Card
Other: Copics (colors listed above), foam squares, Wink of Stella Clear pen, White Gel Pen

6 comments:

Elise C. said...

So cute! I like the dots that you added to the monsters to make them look alive! They look like so much fun to color!! :)

Jennifer K said...

These monsters aren't scary at all! They are simply adorable! Great job on coloring them.

Yuki said...

Great card and coloring! I love the white highlights and little dots on the monsters, it really gives them so much personality!

Indy's Designs said...

This is such a delightful card!

Mary-Anne V said...

Adorable...will need to try added some white gel pen accents because yours looks amazing.

Tracy said...

If only I could color/shade like you do....it is amazing and something I truly wish I could master correctly!
Luvin' those monsters!!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS