Monday, September 29, 2014

Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!


Hello there!  Today I am so excited to be participating in a COFFEE themed blog hop!  My goodness, I love all things coffee... my Keurig, flavored creamer, hot coffee, iced coffee, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, coffee icecream... and even coffee themed stamps!  Imagine my excitement when an invite to this blog hop popped up on my facebook feed!

If you want to start at the beginning of the hop, click here.

And along for the ride are a long list of amazing sponsors!


I'm sure you've guessed by now that all of the projects on today's hop will be coffee themed, and I am just so excited to hop along and check out all of the java inspired goodness!

If you've been a blog follower of mine for any bit of time now, it's no secret that I LOVE Lawn Fawn stamps (they happen to be a sponsor today!).  They are my most favorite.  I had been wishing for a hot beverage themed set from them for awhile, and I was delighted to see the new Love You a Latte set in their winter release (which is ALL AMAZING, btw!)  For  my project today, I decided to decorate a Starbucks To-Go cup and make a coordinating gift card holder.  Starbucks sells these plastic travel mugs for $1 each.  Only a buck!  I used the smaller banner from the Stitched Party Banners, and cut it from a fun brown plaid paper from new Sweater Weather 6x6 paper pad.  I discovered that the circle die that comes in banner die set cuts a circle just slightly bigger than the Starbucks emblem on the cup!  How fun!  So I made a window banner, tied it around the cup with some Hot Cocoa Lawn Trimmings, and added a little stamped to-go cup and some coffee beans to the front.  I love his smile. :)

Coffee ensemble

I had an idea when I saw the new Goodie Bag die, to create a gift card sleeve, rather than a little gift bag.  I simply cut two pieces of card stock with the die, and then cut off the parts of the diecut that would usually form the front and  back of the die.  I adhered those two pieces together with some Scor-tape. along the sides and bottom. I only put adhesive about 3/4 of the way up the sides though, so that I could easily slip a gift card and some paper shred inside.  You could also use tissue paper in place of the paper shred if you prefer.

Coffee gift card holder

I am thinking these would make cute Christmas gifts!

I'm off to hop, but thanks so much for stopping by today! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Love You a Latte
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Ranger Antique Linen, Vintage Photo
Paper: Lawn Fawn Sweather Weather 6x6 paper pad, PTI White, Pinefeather
Dies: Lawn Fawn Stitched Party Banners, Goodie Bag
Other: Lawn Fawn Hot Cocoa Twine, Copic Markers, Foam Tape, Paper Shred

35 comments:

Indy's Designs said...

These are fabulous! I love the card sleeve! So Pinning this since I give lots of Starbucks gift cards as presents! This is such a cute Lawn Fawn set. Going on my wish list!
Have a very happy caffeinated day!
Debbie

Annette Allen said...

so totally cute.. i love it

tonyamaries said...

Great job Audrey! Lawn Fawn has so many great sets and this is another one that needs to come live with me! I love the bag die too! I think your tag on the cup is so cute!

Nancy K said...

Awesome gift bag, Audrey! I love how you added the coffee beans, super cute detail!

Anita said...

What a cute idea! Great colors!

Kelly Booth said...

Such a Sweet Creation!!!

Virginia L. said...

Super cute, Audrey! Love the Starbucks + Lawn Fawn creations!

Jennie said...

So cute!!

Yuki said...

Your coffee tag and goodie bag are absolutely ADORABLE! Love you stamped the coffee beans on the sentiment and how you used the stitched banner die!

Marcie Lovett said...

What a great idea! I love the happy little to-go cup on the tag, too.

Vicki said...

Love your projects! Such a cute idea with the Starbucks plastic mug. I can think of all kinds of possibilities now. I LOVE Lawn Fawn too. I used the goodie bag and latte stamps on one of my projects today. Come check it out at www.pinkposhcards.com.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling gift set!

Petti said...

Lovely projects! Thanks for sharing!

richardbreaks said...

THAT is an awesome gift!

Winnie & Walter said...

Adorable! So very sweet and awesome use of Lawn Fawn products!!

VanessaB said...

super cute!!

Jenny said...

What a sweet gift idea Audrey!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

LOVE love love!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love your treat bag! And the circle punched out to feature the Starbucks logo is so clever!

Jen Carter said...

These are adorable!! Very cute gift!

Shannon Fralish said...

What a fantastic gift card holder, Audrey. I'm always looking for these types of projects -- thanks for sharing such an awesome one!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Audrey, this is so adorable! Love it!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

what a great project!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect gift package for a co-worker or Teacher! Fabulous creation!!

Yainea said...

Perfect coffee set!! Love the combo green + brown and I really wish now I have a Starbucks near... :)

Amber Hight said...

OOOOOO so yummy!!!! I need SBUX now!!! Love your project!

Rubeena I. said...

this is so creative!

Michele said...

Love your projects!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Stinkin' cute Audrey!

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute set!

MariLynn said...

What a cute set. I love the gift card sleeve. Great job.

An'Jenic G. said...

Pretty tag and bag!!

Beth H. said...

Love the color combination. Makes me feel all warm and cozy!

~amy~ said...

Oh my stinkin' ADORABLE!!!!!! What a CUTE giftie set!!!! Seriously, you can't go wrong with starbucks + lawn fawn!
So glad that you linked up to the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡

StampingbugKerry said...

Love the "Sweater Weather" paper pack with your fab creations. SO fun!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS