Friday, July 29, 2022

Sunny Studio Stamps - Country Carnival

 


Hello friends! Today, I have Country Carnival card to share with you using products from Sunny Studio Stamps!  This card is a bit different for me as I normally love bright colors and and lots of white space on my cards, but I decided to make a night scene card with this stamp set.  I started off with a piece of dark blue cardstock cut to 4" x 5.25".  I used a cloud stencil from my stash and some Black Soot Distress Oxide to add some night clouds to the top 2/3 of the panel.  I masked off the bottom and inked along the mask to create the ground.  Then, I splattered on some gold metallic watercolor to add stars to the sky.  I stamped and colored the ferris wheel, some of the little bears and the ticket booth from the Country Carnival stamp set, and diecut them with the coordinating Country Carnival dies.  

Sunny Studio Stamps

The white background of the stamped images was too much contrast for me, so I used a dark blue copic marker to trace around the edges of the images.  I arranged my scene, and adhered it to the panel.  I didn't want sentiment to stand out too much, so I used white pigment ink on the dark cardstock for a more muted sentiment.  Then, I used the Basic Mini Shapes Dies II to add some white stars to the sky.  Finally, I mounted the panel to a dark blue card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps

That's all for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

No comments:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS