Friday, November 19, 2021

Sunny Studio Stamps - Pristine Poinsettia & Winter Greenery



Hello friends!  I am  here to share a project with you today using the Pristine Poinsettia dies and the Wintery Greenery dies from Sunny Studio Stamps!  To create my card, I started off with a piece of white cardstock cut to 4" x 5.25".  I splattered on some Brushed Pewter Distress Mica Spray from Tim Holtz.  At the bottom of the panel, I added a strip of wood grain paper from the Subtle Grey Tones 6x6 paper pad, and bordered that with a skinny strip of silver glitter paper to bring out the shine in the mica spray splatters.  To construct my Pristine Poinsettia, I cut the layers from light pink, medium red and burgundy cardstock and inked the edges of each in either Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries or Aged Mahogany Distress Oxide inks.  Then, I splattered on some of the same inks, and some watered down white acrylic paint.  I glued each of the petal layers together with a glue pen, and added foam tape between each layer of petals for some dimension.  

Sunny Studio Poinsettia

For the leaves, I cut the bigger holly leaves from the Wintery Greenery die set from light green cardstock, and inked the edges with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide.  I splattered on some Rustic Wilderness Oxide and white acrylic paint.  The smaller leaves were diecut from darker green cardstock and inked with Rustic Wilderness Oxide.  I glued the poinsettia down just in the center, tucked the leaves behind it and glued them down with a glue pen once I was happy with the arrangements. I stamped a sentiment from the Holiday Express stamp set on a white banner, and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.  To finish off the card, I added a scattering of clear sequins before popping the panel up on an A2 white card base.

Sunny Studio Poinsettia

That's all for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by! :)


No comments:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS