Thursday, May 7, 2020

Snappy Birthday! {SugarPea Designs}

Hello hello! Today, I have a card to share with you that I made for my son's 18th birthday, using the adorable Later Gator stamp set by SugarPea Designs!  In case you missed the post on instagram, I am now part of the SugarPea Designs design team and couldn't be more excited! :)

To create my card, I started off with a piece of white cardstock, cut to 4" x 5.25".  I masked off the bottom 2/3 of the panel, and used Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink and the Leaf Canopy stencil to add a subtle pattern on the panel.  Over top of that, I added more leaves using the Laurel Leaves stencil and some Mowed Lawn and Lucky Clover Distress Oxide inks.  I stamped and colored several images from the Later Gator stamp set with my Copic Markers, and then diecut them with the coordinating Later Gator SugarCuts dies.

I arranged the images to create a scene, and popped all of the pieces up with foam tape.  A sentiment from the same stamp set was stamped on a strip of white cardstock and popped up underneath the scene.  I added a strip of striped paper from the Spots and Stripes Brights patterned paper collection to the side of an A2 card base, then popped the panel up on top.  To finish off the card, I stamped a few of the tiny flies from the set and added glitter to their wings, and added a few white gel pen accents to the rest of the images.  The final touch was adding those adorable googly eyes to that super cute gator!  I think they make him look so playful!


Snappy Birthday


I truly hope you enjoyed the card that I shared with you today.  I had so much fun making it!  Thanks so much for stopping by! :)







Spots and Stripes Brights Paper Collection (retired)

No comments:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS