Thursday, July 19, 2018

Bee Happy & Otter Friends {Hello Bluebird}


Hello there!  Today, I have two fun cards to share with you using the new July release from Hello Bluebird!  They've done it again with another adorable collection!

First up is a card using my favorite stamp set from the release, Bee Happy.  To create my card, I started off with a bright yellow A2 card base.  On top of that, I layered a piece of black and white wipe striped patterned paper from my stash.  I stamped and colored three of the four bees from the set, the honey jar, and the cute strawberry vine, then diecut everything with the coordinating Bee Happy dies.  I stamped a sentiment from the set onto a hand cut banner, and popped everything up with foam tape.

Bee Happy

Next came my favorite part... the fun finishing touches!  I added Diamond Stickles to the bee wings, some glossy accents to the geeky bee's glasses, Rock Candy Stickles to the honey jar, and white gel pen accents.

Bee Happy

Next up, Otter Friends!  I started off by diecutting a piece of watercolor paper to add a stitched edge.  Then, using my Artist's Loft watercolors from Michaels, I watercolored a bit of water for my otter to float in.  When it was dry, I spattered on some white acrylic paint, and stamped the waves from the set ink dark teal ink.  I stamped and colored one of the otters, a tiny present and a trio of little fish and fussy cut them out.  Then I stamped a sentiment from the set onto a hand cut banner, and popped everything up with foam tape.

Otter and Friends

I added some white gel pen accents, black glaze pen to his eyes and nose, and used some Morning Dew Nuvo Drops to add some water bubbles around the otter and his fish friends, then popped the panel up onto a white card base.

Otter and Friends_peek

That's all for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by!! :)

No comments:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS