Thursday, June 4, 2020

Mermaid Kisses {SugarPea Designs}

Hello there!  I have a fun card to share with you today using adorable products from SugarPea Designs!  I just love the Mermaid Kisses stamp set, and it pairs just perfectly with the Wave Stencil.  I love using them together!

To create my card, I started off with a piece of white cardstock cut to 4" x 5.25".  I used the Wave Stencil and some Peacock Feathers Distress ink to add a pattern to the right side of the panel, fading off into white on the left.  After I removed the stencil, I went over the piece again with the ink that was left on my blending tool to soften the white areas left from the stencil.  I splattered on some clean clear water to bleach out some areas, and splattered on some watered down white acrylic paint to add some interest to the background.  I think the white paint looks like bubbles.

Starfish Wishes 1

I stamped and colored one of the images from Mermaid Kisses and fussy cut it using my scissors, along with the cute little oyster from the set.   Before popping then up with foam tape, I stamped the coral image from the set in Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide ink, and stamped a sentiment from the set on a white hand cut banner, which was used to ground the image.  I popped the panel up on a white A2 card base, and added some white gel pen accents to finish off the card.

Starfish Wishes 2

That's it for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

No comments:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS