Saturday, August 19, 2017

Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week: Candy Corn and Pumpkin Spice


Hello there!  Welcome back to another day of Lawn Fawn inspiration week!  Today, I have two cards to share with you as we highlight the adorable Pumpkin Spice and How You Bean: Candy Corn Add On stamp sets!  Both, along with the rest of the fall/winter 2017 release will be available on August 24th!  Let's get started, shall we?

For my first card, I started off by ink blending a piece of watercolor paper with some brown Distress Oxide inks.  I splattered some water to lift some of the color, and when it was dry, I diecut it with the Outside In Stitched Rectangles dies.  I added a strip of patterned paper from the new Perfectly Plaid Chill paper collection to ground my image.  To set the fall forest scene, I used the new Birch Trees dies (LOVE THESE!) and diecut three trees.  Then I diecut a pile of tiny leaves using the Stitched Leaves dies, then inked them with a variety of fall colored Distess Oxide inks.  I added a few to the trees, and a few to the right side of the panel on top of my patterned paper.  On top of them is the adorable little Pumpkin Spice mug.  I think I will be using this set a TON!  While I am not too keen on Pumpkin Spice anything, this cute little mug can be filled with coffee or hot chocolate too, and whipped cream of course!  I think it's perfect for so many occasions!  I added a jute twine bow, and stamped a sentiment from the Milk and Cookies stamp set on a hand cut banner.  I added a little coffee steam from the Love You a Latte stamp set.  I think the sentiments in that set would work perfectly with Pumpkin Spice too!  Finally, I added some white gel pen accents and mounted that panel on a kraft card base.

Pumpkin Spice

My second card today features the new How You Bean: Candy Corn Add On stamp set, as well as the new Cute Cobweb dies (another favorite!).  I started off by diecutting a piece of white cardstock with the Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables, then inked it with Wilted Violet and Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide inks.  I splattered it with water to bleach out some areas, and added a spattering of Black Soot Distress Oxide ink mixed with a little water.  When it was dry, I added a strip of striped patterned paper from the Let's Polka in the Dark patterned paper pad.  Then, I used the Cute Cobweb die to cut two spider webs and that cute little spider.  I stamped and colored the candy corn, and diecut it with the coordinating dies.  On top of the candy pile, I added a cute puppy from the previously released Happy Howloween stamp set. I adhered them with foam tape, then stamped a sentiment from the Booyah stamp set onto a hand cut banner.  I matted the panel with another Stitched Rectangle Stackable cut from back cardstock.  Before mounting that panel to the white card base, I added a splattering of black paint to the card base for some added fun.  Finally I added some white gel pen accents, a scattering of sequins and a bow using some Black Tie twine.

Candy Corn Add On

That's all for me today!  Stop by the Lawn Fawn blog to see more.  Be sure to come back tomorrow for more projects! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!! :)

2 comments:

sansuey said...

Wow! Two amazing cards-perfection in placement, coloring and in the amount of delight they foster! Super cute!

Kentucky Daisy said...

Absolutely love the Sweet Wishes card! You've perfectly created an authentic fall scene! Like you, I love the birch tree dies and autumn stamp set!! So cute!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS