Tuesday, August 18, 2015

You're a Star! {Lawn Fawn}

Hello there!

I want to apologize in advance if these pictures aren't the greatest.... it's rainy season in Florida, and with daily rain, my window for picture taking isn't a very long one.  LOL!

Today, I am sharing this under the sea shaker over on the Lawnscaping Challenges Blog!  I started off by watercoloring a piece of  watercolor paper with Distress inks.  When it was dry, I diecut it with the largest die from the Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables die set.  From that, I also diecut a star shaped window using the Puffy Star Stackables die set.  Before filling my shaker, I stamped a sentiment from the So Jelly stamp set, and then added my shaker contents.  I popped up some Copic colored Jelly fish and a cute little starfish, also from the So Jelly Stamp set, up on the front of the shaker window with foam tape. After seeing it all put together, the black sentiment seemed to really stand out, and not in a good way.  LOL!  So I added some doodled lines to frame the star window the the entire panel, and then popped everything onto a black card base to balance things out a bit better.


You're a Star!

Here you can see the shaker a little closer:


You're a Star!

Hope you like it!  Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn So Jelly
Dies: Lawn Fawn So Jelly, Small Stitched Rectangles, Puffy Star Stackables
Other: Distress Ink, White Gel Pen, Copic Multiliner, Copic Markers, Foam Tape

3 comments:

Yuki said...

So cute! I absolutely love the hand drawn borders! I've been spoiled with lots of sunlight in Seattle this summer and it's been great for pictures. But I know that won't last very long lol

Jenna ♥ said...

Hi Audrey! Your shaker card is fantastic! Happy Summer!!!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE I Love your very Adorable card!!!!!!!!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS