Monday, February 15, 2016

Lawnscaping Challenge #24 - Celebrate!

Hello there!  It's time for another Lawnscaping Challenge!  Challenge #124 is all about celebrating!  


We are sponsored this week by the super fabulous Lawn Fawn!


I can never have too many birthday cards on hand, so I chose to make another one to add to my stash.  I love mixing and matching stamp sets, and I did it again with this card!  I started off by creating a purple ombre background using distress inks.  I added some water splashes  and them mopped them up with a paper towel to get a fun splattered background. After it was all dry, I ran it through my diecut machine to add a stitched edge using the largest die in the Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables die set. I diecut some vellum using the Puffy Cloud borders, and then added a strip of Let's Polka in the Dark 6x6 paper pad to the bottom of the panel.  I just love the dragon in the  Critters Ever After stamp set and I knew I wanted to use him on my card.  I colored him and dicut him with the coordinating Critters Ever After dies.  Then I pulled out my Party Animal stamp set to stamp, color and diecut some balloons, the tiny cake, and a party hat for my dragon.  I popped everything up with foam tape, and added some accents with a white gel pen.  I stamped a sentiment from the Party Animal stamp set, and some stars from the Critters Ever After set to fill up the sky. To finish things off, I added a scattering of sequins.



Make a Wish

That's all for me for now... Be sure to check out the Lawnscaping blog to get all of the challenge details and get lots more inspiration from the design team.  Thanks for stopping by!! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After, Party Animal
Dies: Critters Ever After, Party Animal, Small Stitched Rectangles, Puffy Cloud Borders
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka in the Dark 6x6, PTI White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, Distress inks in Dusty Concord and Wilter Violet
Other: Copic Markers, White Gel Pen, Foam Tape, Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins

1 comment:

Heidi Brawley said...

This card is AWESOME!!!!!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS